We understand that your privacy is very important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website and Hotel and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Nira Caledonia uses and stores your data for fulfilling a contract with you and where it is in our legitimate interests to use your data to manage your stay and associated services with it at our Hotel. With your consent we send you special offer information from time to time. You may withdraw consent for marketing at any time by writing to us directly.
What data do we collect?
To enable us manage your visit and stay at our Hotel we will ask you to provide the following personal details:
- Email Address
- Telephone number
- Payment details
Without this information, we may be unable to process your booking and payment. We obtain these details from you directly or are provided with them by third party booking sites such as booking.com, Expedia, hotels.com, or any other online hotel booking website.
We also have CCTV in operation on our premises for safety and security purposes.
For marketing purposes we collect:
- Email address
- Date of birth
What do we do with your data?
We use your information to manage your reservation, process payments, maintain internal records, and, where we have your consent, to provide you with promotional offers.
The Hotel will never share or sell your data outside our company except where a third party requires the data as part of our normal service provision to you. These may include payment processing and marketing services.
Credit and debit card payments are processed by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. We never store copies your card or payment details.
Our website and digital marketing is managed by Hotel Marketing Group Ltd, a company that processes your data within the EEA and complies with the General Data Protection Regulations.
If you decide you can choose to Opt In to marketing information to hear more about our restaurant, events and seasonal offers or opt out of our mailing list by writing to us directly.
You have the following rights:
- the right to access any personal data we hold about you;
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified or removed;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right object to us using your data for any particular purpose;
- the right to data portability; and
- the right to restrict the processing of your personal data amongst other rights.
You have the right to stop marketing at any time by writing to us using the contact details provided below or click on unsubscribe on any email that we have sent you.
We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
How secure is your data?
The Hotel has put in place several security measures to protect, maintain and manage your personal data. We undertake to secure your data using up to date technology and reviewing our policies and procedures on a regular basis.
● A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
● Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
● Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies.
● A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
● A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We use only session cookies on this website.
THIRD PARTY AND ANALYTICS COOKIES
● When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
● Our advertisers / service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
○ to track your browser across multiple websites;
○ to build a profile of your web surfing; and
○ to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
COOKIES AND PERSONAL INFORMATION
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
● in Internet Explorer you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then “Advanced”;
● in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”, selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
● in Chrome, you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Content settings”, and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on this website.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. For example:
● in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
● in Firefox, you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy” and then “Show Cookies”, and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
● in Chrome, you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customise and control” menu, and clicking “Settings”, “Show advanced settings” and “Clear browsing data”, and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data”.
Again, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
How to contact us?
Shanti Hospitality (UK) Limited trading as Nira Caledonia
Registered in England with reg no.: 07432896
6-10 Gloucester Place, Edinburgh EH3 6EF
Name: Chris Lynch