Travel to Edinburgh with complete confidence
Keeping you safe at Nira Caledonia
Health & Safety Update
Luxury boutique Hotels always been synonymous with exemplary standards of service, housekeeping and health & safety.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic we have enhanced our exacting standards to a new level across all aspects of our hotel operations.
The changes we have implemented are based on the guidance we have received from the Scottish Government and the National Health Service, supported by industry specific advice from UK Hospitality.
We can confirm that we have complied with the government’s ‘COVID-19 Secure’ guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 in the workplace. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance and advice, our internal operating practices and protocols will be continuously reviewed and immediately updated. The information detailed below may therefore change without notice.
As we are managing a Public Health issue, we expect the full support and co-operation of all of our stakeholders - our guests, our team and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of COVID-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
To be present on property, you either need to be a guest, dining in our restaurant, a staff member or a pre-authorised visitor. With only 28 bedrooms, each designed with privacy in mind, we are ideally suited to allow for total relaxation.
- Temperature checks will be taken daily before entering the building
- All team members will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) as frequently as required
- All team members will be required to stay at home if unwell
- All team members will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All team members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate
- The team will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain physical distancing, wherever possible
Our Valued Guests
- Hotel guests will have access to amenities on arrival and during their stay which includes sanitiser and face masks.
- We do not have any private parking facilities, however, there is always ample on-street parking available outside the Hotel. You will be required to park your car yourself and make your way to the hotel entrance.
- Please respect the social distancing measures in place at all times
- We have cleaned your bedroom with extra care and sanitised it with a cold fogging process using V2 Virucide.
- We have removed non-essential items to minimise any contamination risk such as in-room literature.
- Additional amenities will be available on request which includes sanitiser and face coverings.
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas.
- Please wash your hands when returning to your bedroom.
- Please utilise our Nira Caledonia App and Whatsapp to communicate with our team and obtain information.
- Cash will be accepted, however, card payment is preferred.
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, some of our services and facilities are unfortunately limited or not available.
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained.
- Limited room service will be available and is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door.
- Physical distancing measures will be in place in all common areas.
- Signage will be displayed in all common areas to reinforce the social distancing message.
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in the disinfection of high touch areas.
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided at every doorway/key public area (front desk, restaurant, toilets).
- Housekeeping will be available on request only, guests to vacate the room and ventilate prior to housekeeping staff entering.
- Additional disinfection will be in place of high touch room and bathroom areas (Door Handles, TV Remote, Light switches, etc).
- Our entire team is available to handle any COVID-19 related queries.
- We have flexible terms and conditions for all individual bookings whereby you can cancel 48 hours prior to arrival for a full refund. For group bookings please speak directly to the hotel, our terms remain the same.
Our Business Partners
- We will be receiving visitors and contractors to site by appointment in advance only.
- Deliveries will only be received at the door, suppliers may not enter the premises unless they have an appointment.
- Access to back of house areas restricted to staff only.
Food and Beverage Protocols
- Please note that our restaurant is closed for dinner bookings until the end of August. We shall continue to offer our Breakfast service which can be enjoyed in our restaurant or in your room.
- For all restaurant bookings, you will be asked to provide contact details for all guests attending either on booking or on arrival
- We ask that if you feel unwell, you do not come to the Restaurant or Hotel
- Inside our restaurant, we will only be accommodating a maximum of two households per table.
- For walk-in bookings, you will be required to give your contact details on arrival at the restaurant.
- We have reduced the number of tables in the dining rooms and food offerings may be limited.
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table/chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods
- We have suspended all buffets. Breakfast will be available from an a la carte menu.
- Salt and pepper mills will be removed and available on request. They will be sanitized after each use.
- We will accept cash, however, card payments are preferred.
- Limited room service will be provided and is restricted to delivery to the bedroom door
- Single-use menus will be in place in our restaurant until further notice.
Guest Experience Protocols
- The guest laundry service will continue to operate, however, this service may take longer than usual.
- Babysitting services are unfortunately unavailable.
- Our staff as always may escort you to your room upon request, however with strict social distancing measures in place.
- We are more than happy to assist you with any luggage you may have - Handles and straps will be disinfected and full PPE shall be worn.
- Luggage handling will be modified to promote the safety of our guests and team members. If assistance is required, your luggage will be brought to your room after you have checked in and left outside your door.
- Our staff will remain available to assist you with any inquiries you may have, however, please remember to respect our social distancing policy.
- Games, puzzles, etc will not be available until further notice.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Staying home when unwell
Practicing good personal hygiene including regular hand washing
Maintaining social distance
Wearing PPE where appropriate.
Following the company’s COVID-19 Secure operating procedures.
We have changed some of our on-property team meetings to virtual meetings.
We have staggered our team’s shifts to ensure social distancing can take place.
Implemented a standard that our teams will not be assigned to complete any tasks with more than two team members assigned unless they are working outside.
Our team have and will receive ongoing training
Our team have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
Complete your Guest Health Questionnaire up to 24 hours in advance of joining us. If we do not receive this back in advance of your stay, you may be refused entry.
If in the unfortunate case, you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste and smell, we ask that you contact us, and allow us to reschedule your stay.
It is important to note, that for the safety of our guests and the safety of our team, that any guests displaying symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be requested to seek medical attention. Should you be advised to self-isolate, we will request that you check out immediately and return home.
We will of course have had sanitisers placed at key points throughout the Hotel in public areas and guest rooms.
We ask that when and where appropriate, that you make use of Face coverings. We ask that everyone respects the 2m+ social distancing guidance.
And finally, please treat our team and your fellow guests with kindness and respect; this is a difficult time for all of us and we want to make sure that you have the best experience possible.
We can’t wait to welcome you! Safe Travels!
IT'S OFFICIAL! WE ARE GOOD TO GO
We are delighted to announce that we have now been presented with the We're Good To Go certification. The accreditation is the official UK mark to signal the efforts put in place by our team, and shows that as a business we have worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines. It also confirms that we have appropriate processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.